Resident Coordinator - Okemos, MI
Michigan Multifamily Asset Managers (MMAM) is a private sector partner of Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) and the State of Michigan, taking responsibility for the implementation of asset management core tasks under HUD’s Section 8 Performance Based Contract Administration (PBCA) program. It is our goal to deliver the most professional real estate and property management support available.
MMAM is seeking a Resident Coordinator for our Okemos, MI office. As a Resident Coordinator you will have the opportunity to help low income tenants resolve problems and address their needs. You will also help MMAM achieve and provide the best possible asset management and real estate support services to HUD funded properties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Respond to communications received from residents via the call center line, letters, emails, and through HUD/State agencies.
• Assist residents by providing information and responding to questions.
• Notify property owners of resident’s concerns within a specified time frame and monitor the owner’s corrective plans of actions and scheduled completion dates.
• Notify residents of owner’s corrective plans of actions and scheduled completion dates within a specified time frame.
• Document all actions and meet deadlines in document management system.
• Complete work professionally, with attention to accuracy, thoroughness, technical knowledge, timeliness and with the skills necessary to efficiently and effectively complete assigned tasks.
• Develop and maintain working knowledge of this Core tasks performed under the PBCA contract. Become familiar with HUD Handbooks 4350.3, 4350.1, and 4381.5
• Compile reports and information necessary to complete binders used by Asset Managers in conducting Management and Occupancy Reviews of properties in the portfolio. Follow up with owners and agents to ensure all necessary information is received.
• Assist Director in managing the Management and Occupancy Review process, ensuring documents are completed on a timely basis and reviewed by all appropriate personnel.
• Additional administrative support duties could include but not limited to answering phones, logging in all mail and packages, filing, copying, and typing documents and handling the mail functions.
• High School Diploma/GED required. Associates Degree in business, liberal arts, or other related subjects preferred.
• Two years customer service and two years office experience. Experience in affordable housing or property management preferred.
• Work effectively and cooperatively with a wide range of people.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff, clients, and general public.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of property data, resident profiles, history and/or personal information as well as any information that is proprietary in order to comply with HUD’s confidentiality requirements regarding the use and handling of such data.
• Ability to create professionally written communications and enter data into automated software systems.
• Ability to use a computer including Word, Excel, and other Windows-based applications.
• Ability to use office equipment which includes but is not limited to telephone and communication equipment, fax machine, copy machine and typewriter.
• Ability to proof and correct work products.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.