Financial Analyst - Okemos, MI
(Please note this is an Entry Level Position)
Michigan Multifamily Asset Managers (MMAM) is a private sector partner of Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) and the State of Michigan, taking responsibility for the implementation of asset management core tasks under HUD’s Section 8 Performance Based Contract Administration program. It is our goal to deliver the most professional real estate and property management support available. Expertise in finance and accounting is critical to achieving this goal.
MMAM is seeking a Financial Analyst for our Okemos office. As a Financial Analyst you will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in finance and the affordable housing industry. You will also help MMAM achieve and provide the best possible property management and real estate support services to HUD funded properties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Process rent adjustments, contract renewals, opt outs, and terminations correctly under the appropriate method and option, in a timely manner, and with meticulous attention to details and deadlines.
• Perform detailed review and analysis of individual property budgets, financial statements, utility allowance analysis, and appraisal reports.
• Understand, interpret, and implement complex HUD policies, procedures, regulations and other legal documents, as they relate to processing rent adjustments and contract renewals.
• Review and document that owner requests meet HUD regulations and requirements. Assure that each development’s contract is being administered in compliance with the ACC and consistently with other developments in the portfolio.
• Effectively communicate with property owners, managers, and HUD officials through phone calls, emails, and letters to resolve potential issues and ensure deadlines are met.
• Complete work professionally, with attention to accuracy, thoroughness, technical knowledge, timeliness, and with the skills necessary to efficiently and effectively complete assigned tasks.
• Document actions and meet deadlines in document management system.
• Ability to outline, organize and establish priorities for work, and multi-task in a deadline oriented environment
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Identify ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and strong attention to detail.
• Excellent oral communication skills. Proven ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrate group presentation skills and conduct productive meetings.
• Ability to present data and information in a clear, concise manner.
• Strong written communication skills. Able to produce a written work product that is appropriate to the audience and written in a clear and concise manner that effectively gets the message across. Proven ability to compose memorandum, reports, instructions, project plans and other written materials as required for the position.
• Ability to communicate with management and include appropriate individuals in planning, decision-making and process improvement.
• Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to use Windows, Word, and Excel at an Intermediate level required.
• Ability to learn and operate in-house program management and applications database.
• Ability to operate office equipment, including but not limited to copiers, scanners, printers and telephones.
Education or Professional Experience Qualifications:
• BS Degree in Business with substantive accounting and finance coursework.
• Experience in a property management environment, real estate appraisal, or familiarity with HUD programs preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.